Category Archives: Bilborough

Broxtowe Hall

Broxtowe (Broxtow, Broculston or Brocklestowe) is an old Anglo-Saxon name. Broxtowe was the largest wapentake in the county. In 1316, a favour was bestowed upon the family and the heirs. This created the= title of┬áLord John de Broxtowe. Other noted … Continue reading

Posted in Bilborough, Nottinghamshire Suburbs | Leave a comment

Bilborough Church

Before William the Conqueror and even in the Doomsday Book, there is no mention of a church at Bilborough. The first mention is in 1356 and the Parish seems to have had a priest in 1200. Some notable people have … Continue reading

Posted in Bilborough, Nottinghamshire Suburbs | 1 Comment